THE NEW MUST-PACKS
Restlessly traversing the globe for inspiration, these four men and women are the experts on stylish travel.
Here, they reveal their have-to-carries for endlessly chic journeys
His Top 5 Carry-Ons
- A huge cashmere scarf, big enough to wrap my eyes and body in
- Tons of magazines, especially design and shelter titles and my favorite, The Art Newspaper
- Slippers. I love the velvet ones from Venice used by the gondoliers
- H. Roberts & Co. Acqua Distillata Alle Rose Water
- Bottle of Ambien
PRO-TIP: Dress well. You will get better attention from the staff
Her Top 5 Carry-Ons:
- A good book. I was delayed on a flight to Paris recently, but my copy of Jane Austen’s Persuasion got me through.
- Mary Cohr Paris Moisturizer. I wash my face in the bathroom and then slather it on.
- Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray
- A notebook. The long, quiet hours on a plane can be very fruitful for ideas.
- Packets of Emergen-C
PRO-TIP: Relax! If your plane is delayed, there is nothing you can do about it. Have a sense of humor and roll with the punches. Anxiety is your enemy. It’s like being stuck in traffic. You can either honk your horn and yell or you can turn on your favorite song and just accept the situation.
His Top 5 Carry-Ons:
- Davidoff Cool Water for Men
- Hair dryer
- Giorgio Armani raincoat
- A light pashmina
- My iPhone with lots of music and apps
PRO-TIP: Be on time!
Her Top 5 Carry-Ons:
- Nutritious snacks: chopped vegetables and apples, bags of nuts, dried seaweed, flax seed crackers, kale chips, homemade protein balls, and almond butter
- Sachets of Pukka Clean Greens Powder. I add these to water to give myself a boost of energy and hydration
- Votary Facial Oil to slather on throughout the flight
- A thick notebook with plenty of blank pages to plot and plan my many ideas
- My Headspace app so I can do some meditation
PRO-TIP: Book a hotel with a proper gym. I find the best way to combat jet lag and relieve work stress is to exercise. And don't leave home without your gym shoes and clothes. I've forgotten mine before and worked out in flats and jeans—not a good look!